(0116) 282 7766
108 Edward Avenue, off Narborough Road South, Leicester LE3 2PD • email@example.com
Ears pierced - £20.00 (pair)
Professional Ear Lobe piercing for adults and children over 16 years of age.
The technique we use is fast and hygienic — minimal pain should be experienced. We provide a pair of Gold or Coloured studs with each piercing appointment.
We do not pierce any other parts of the ear and do not pierce any other parts of the body. The ear lobe is the safest part of the ear to pierce. We are here for your first or subsequent ear lobe piercings.
Please note that we do not offer this treatment to children (under 16 years of age).
If you have diabetes, you will need to bring a note from your GP confirming that you can have your ears pierced (and are not likely to have healing problems).
The cartilage is the firm tissue which gives the ear, nose or other parts of the body it’s shape and structure. There is not the same kind of “built-in” protection against infection in cartilage as there is in the soft part of the ear (the ear lobe). We do not offer or recommend cartilage piercings as it has been known to cause damage to the cartilage and is prone to infection.
By its very nature, ear piercing carries the risk of infection and this should be considered before you consent to treatment. You will need to sign the following registration form consenting to treatment. If you are unhappy after having your ears pierced you will not receive any compensation unless therapist negligence is proven.
By signing this form I certify that I have read the CAFLON EAR PIERCING DECLARATION and that I have read and received a copy of the After Care Procedure and understand the risk of infection it not faithfully followed. Understanding the risks I consent to have my ear(s) pierced by an employee of this premises and to extent permissible by law I willfully assume all responsibility for injury or loss of any kind that may be associated with this ear piercing procedure. If signed as parent or legal guardian on behalf of a minor, I will hold myself liable and will indemnify the premises and manufacturer in the event such minor makes any claim as a result of this ear piercing procedure. I further understand that making a false statement constitutes an act of fraud.
Please accept my authorisation to pierce my ears. I have read and understand the following information which is of considerable importance in taking precautions to avoid any possible problems arising from the treatment. By my signature on the CAFLON RELEASE FORM AUTHORISATION AND EAR PIERCING APPLICATION. I truthfully declare the following:
• I am not under the care of my doctor for any condition which should prohibit me from having my ears pierced. Should I be under the care of a doctor, e.g. pregnant, I have my doctor's permission to have my ears pierced.
• I am not suffering from Diabetes. Epilepsy. Hepatitis, HIV. Haemophilia or Dizziness and I am not taking any blood thinning medication.
• I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• I have been given a copy of the CAFLON After Care Procedure on the reverse side of this declaration form, which I have read and understand.
• I understand that the After Care procedure varies depending on whether the piercing is of the ear lobe or the ear cartilage and I have noted the differences.
• I understand that the possibility of infection may exist due to improper hygiene, metal sensitivity or other causes, however the most common is due to a failure to follow carefully the recommended After Care Procedure.
• I understand and accept that ear piercing in the cartilage may carry a greater risk of redness, swelling and infection due to the nature of piercing this area of the ear and/or improper hygiene/after care, which may result in permanent damage to the pierced cartilage area of the ear and I knowingly accept this risk.
• I understand that due to the nature of ear piercing, exposure of newly pierced ear to certain environments such as swimming and participation in athletic events (exercising) may increase the likelihood of infection.
• I therefore undertake to follow carefully the After Care Procedure.
• I am not under 16 years of age or having given consent on behalf of a minor under 16 years of age, that l am parent or legal guardian of such minor. If signed as a parent or legal guardian on behalf of a minor, I will hold myself liable and will indemnify the premises in the event such a minor makes a claim as a result of the ear piercing procedure.
Approved by the Ear Piercing Manufacturers of Europe. Ltd
Wash hands thoroughly before touching studs or ear.
Cleanse front and back of the ear 2 times a day with CAFLON Natural Solution without removing studs. Then rotate studs 2 or 3 times, 90° left and 90° right, i.e. a quarter turn only, thus avoiding hair wrapping around the post at the back of the lobe. In between cleansing, the ear should be kept DRY.
Keep hair spray, soap, shampoo and other preparations away from the ear. After shampooing, the ear should be rinsed with clear water and then cleansed with CAFLON Natural Solution as described above.
The piercing area should be CLEANSED with CAFLON Natural Solution, then kept DRY, especially after bathing, swimming or exercise.
Remove studs or handle your ears and/or studs unnecessarily.
Push the butterfly along the post towards the ear - the butterfly must always be positioned of the tip of the post. Feel the position each time you clean the ear – it must feel smooth. This ensures that the earring remains LOOSE during the healing period. This is essential as too tight may lead to inflammation.
Leave studs in the ears for 6 weeks continuously (12 weeks for cartilage).
After 6 weeks (12 weeks for cartilage), the stud can be removed and other post-type earrings may be worn continuously.
Use only post-style earrings continuously for the first 6 months from piercing. The post should be surgical stainless steel or other hypo-allergenic material.
Minor pain/redness may occur immediately - this is normal, this will settle within 48 hours provided proper after-care is carried out. If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs at any time, seek medical advice before removing the ear-piercing stud.